Search My Blog!

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Personal: What a wonderful weekend!

With only a few hours to go until my awesome weekend is officially over, I'm going to take a few minutes to reflect upon a great weekend. Although I didn't have any monumental experiences, it's the small things that sometimes leave the greatest impressions upon the heart. This weekend I was able to go on a nice date with my husband. We went to Jazmo's Bourbon St Cafe and I loved the hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. They had live jazz music, nothing to shake your booty to but definitely something relaxing and upbeat. The food was my favorite part, I had the crab cake pasta and OH MY GOSH, my taste buds have found their fix! Okay, I lied... come to think of it, my favorite part was the fact that I finally was able to go out on a real date with Brandon. Between Brandon's job (he's an Air Force officer), his master's degree program, my job, and church... there usually aren't enough hours in the day to have time to play. It was refreshing :)

Next up, we were able to hear the wonderful and talented The 5 Browns. Get this, they're all siblings that have attended New York's Juilliard School. Although they normally perform in a five piano ensemble, we were able to hear from them individually. Their performance was incredible yet reverent. We were fortunate enough to hear them bear testimony of Jesus Christ and how He has touched their lives. It was very uplifting and spiritual to be at their performance.

Last but not least, I put up my Christmas tree! I'll have pictures of it once I'm done, I've got to go and get some more decorations, but it's going to be fabuloso. My friend Katee took me to
North Pole City in OKC. We walked around getting ideas of how to decorate our Christmas trees. It was amazing how they decorated their store, it's an experience just to walk through it. Think of anything that has to do with Christmas and they have it.

1 comments:

Christensen Family December 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Hi! My name is Kristen Christensen. I just saw the pictures you took of my friend Whitney. They're beautiful. I have been dabbling in family/child photography and LOVE it, but not so sure I want to go "business" with it. Are you a member of the same church as Whitney (which is the same Church I go to)? A few things you said on your blog makes me think so :) Anyway, I'd love to talk to you. I have so many questions and I LOVE your style. my family blog is www.christensen-chaos.blogspot.com and my little photo blog is www.kristens-pics.blogspot.com

Labels

Visitors

Back to TOP